QUAIL CREEK TENNIS CLUB
Nov 2019 General Meeting
QUAIL CREEK TENNIS CLUB
GENERAL MEETING MINUTES
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 6, 2019
CALL TO ORDER
3:05 P.M. by President Rosie Epler
BOARD MEMBERS: Rosie Epler, Randy Kimbrell, Judy Sypkens, Don
Callen, Ruth Naponick, Mike Premo
ATTENDEES: Daniel Russett, Linda Weissman, Georgia Jaffe, Marge Knoble, Joe
Knoble, Carlo Pensyl, Pam Pensyl, Joanna Miller, Jimmy Collins, John Epler
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
Motion by Ruth Naponick, seconded by Randy Kimbrell to approve minutes from the
General Meeting held February 6, 2019. Motion passed.
MONTHLY TREASURER’S REPORT
October 31, 2019 balance was $2,246. 83 Approved by Randy Kimbrell, seconded by
- The Social Committee needs two volunteers for their committee to
replace members who resigned. December Banquet price has not been
- All courts now have score towers, 2 new towers have been ordered for
` Signup Genius for league signups are now being used for all sessions with
` League start times at 9:00. Signups are going well, but a reminder for only one
week in advance for signup.
- Carlo Pensyl brought up that tennis budget needs to be in the process to have
monies allocated when needed.
- Volunteers needed to replace Vice President, Treasurers and 2 Member At Large
Positions. Doug Shumway moving up to be President. A Mail Chip will be sent
out to recruit Board Member replacements.
- Doug Shumway is looking into the repair of Court 3.
- Doug Shumway is also looking into the landscaping issues around all the courts.
- Court 2 repairs seem to be holding at this time. Talk of tree removal and
replacement of court has been tabled for the time being.
- Mail Chimp is our notification to members. A Chili Fest reminder will go out for
Sunday, November 10 at 3:30. A notice will also go out for volunteers to replace
retiring board members in March.
Social Committee (New Social Calendar for 2019/2020)
Sunday, November 10th Chili Feed and Round Robin
Monday, December 2nd Women’s Christmas Luncheon
Sunday, February 16th Valentine’s Pizza Party
March 13 & 14th Tennis Tournament
Sunday, April 5th Tennis Club Banquet
- Don Callen is working on a social event to involve other Robson communities
who are interested in a tennis social gathering.
- Drills and Skills Tennis Clinic is being organized by Dinah Shumway, who has
volunteered to organize and recruit for a possible monthly clinic.
- Don Callen has set up a play date with Sahuarita High School for a social date
- to be played at Sahuarita HS. Date has been set for Wednesday, February 26
at 3:00. Sahuarita HS will provide refreshments.
- Mike Premo has agreed to organize a fall Meet & Greet on Saturday, January 18
- at 1:00. The plan is to have 3 courts running for play and drills to encourage
new and current members to play.
- Dates for the Tennis tournament have been set for March 13 and 14, with March
15 as the rainout date if needed. Judy and Dave Sypkens have volunteered to
run the tournament and will ask for volunteers at the Chili Fest and on Mail Chip.
- A committee of volunteers will be needed to recruit members to fill vacancies for
Vice President, Treasurer and 2 Members At Large.
- Volunteers are needed for organized play coordinators.
- There will be a Mail Chip notification sent out regarding mens drop in play on
Thursday afternoons at 1:00. Bill Forrester is the person to contact if you have
any interest in playing or want more information.
- Mike Premo has informed the Board that he is retiring as the teaching pro as of
the end of March, 2020. Don Callen will investigate alternatives for replacing
Mike as the pro. Don will also look into Robson Insurance policies regarding
teaching pro coverage. Mike will be missed after his many years of dedication.
- Mike Premo proposed to reinstate Social Membership Dues of $10.00 for
spouses, this policy was voted on by the board to be reinstated in our yearly
dues. A Mail Chip will be sent out notifying members of reinstated policy due
ADJOURNMENT 4:10 p.m.