QUAIL CREEK TENNIS CLUB
Feb 2020 General Meeting
GENERAL MTG MINUTES FOR FEBRUARY 5TH, 2020
QUAIL CREEK TENNIS CLUB
GENERAL MEETING MINUTES
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 5TH 2020
CALL TO ORDER
3:00 P.M. by President Rosie Epler
Rosie Epler, Randy Kimbrell, Judy Sypkens, Don Callen, Doug Shumway, Mike Premo
Joanna Davidson, Linda Weissman, Holly Crombie, Lorene Martin, Ian Meldrum,
Marilyn Wrucke, John Wrucke, Jimmy Collins, Jack Hendrickson, Marcia Sobal,
John Epler, Peter Lofurno, Joanna Miller, Hillary Wade, Chris Moravchik, Pat Newport,
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
Motion by Rosie Epler, seconded by Mike Premo to approve minutes from the
General Meeting held Wednesday, November 6, 2019. Motion passed.
MONTHLY TREASURER’S REPORT
January 20, 2020 balance was $5,322.21 after membership deposit. Approved by
Doug Shumway, seconded by Randy Kimbrell.
Slate of Candidates: Joy Olson - Vice President
Joanna Davidson - Treasurer
Linda Weissman & Don Callen - Member at Large
Doug Shumway - Moved from Vice President to President
Approved by the general membership and board unanimously.
A reminder will be sent to members to submit their 2020 checks to a Board
Member if they have not already done so.
- Meet & Greet was attended by 30-40 residents and members January 18, 2020.
Volunteers Mike Premo, Dinah Shumway and Jim Alstad
conducted the drills, the club thanks you for your time.
- Drills and Skills clinic is planned for February 22 by Dinah Shumway. There is a
sign-up sheet at the kiosk if you are interested in participating.
- February 26, 2020 at 3:00 has been set for the Sahuarita High School play date
hosted at Sahuarita High School. A sign up sheet is posted at the kiosk.
Carpooling will be coordinated by Don Callen at 2:30 in the tennis parking lot.
- The club is still looking for coordinator volunteers for Men’s Monday and
- A Flyer is posted at the kiosk with tournament information and notice was
sent out February 1 for tournament signups. A reminder will be sent out mid
February and a sign-up sheet for side dishes will be posted at the kiosk.
- Mike Premo is retiring at the end of April. There is an ongoing pursuit to find
a part-time instructor to fill that need to members.
- David Jones attended the meeting and was drilled on replacement of court 2.
- Sign up Genius is working with the exception of cancelling once you have
signed up. A remedy is being worked on and information will soon be passed
on to the members, until then call your coordinator to cancel.
- A discussion inquiring why only one week sign-up on program, between
forgetfulness, fairness to all members, it was agreed that it stays as is.
- A short discussion regarding moving mixed doubles to Wednesdays was
brought up. The men use all 6 courts for men’s doubles on Wednesdays and
Thursdays has been working for over 2 years.
- A suggestion was made to have a mixed doubles tournament. The board will
take that suggestion up at the next board meeting.
- A statement was read by President Rosie Epler regarding current conduct on
the tennis courts.
CONDUCT ON THE COURTS
- All Members and Players of the QC Tennis Club are entitled to
a safe and friendly atmosphere in which to play tennis. The Board will enforce the By-Laws of QCTC and the Code of Conduct found in the QC Property Owners Association Rules.
Specifically: Article 2, Code of Conduct
2.1.1 Any action or behavior resulting in unsafe conditions or practices, uncivil or discourteous
conduct, willful misconduct, or any action that unfairly or unreasonably impairs the rights and
privileges of others.
2.1.2 Using loud, profane, indecent or abusive language or any physical abuse, threat,
harassment or any other such action against anyone, including staff.
Social Committee Social Calendar for 2020
Sunday, February 16th Valentine’s Pizza Party
March 13 & 14th Computer Draw Tournament
Sunday, April 5th Tennis Club Banquet
ADJOURNMENT 4:00 p.m.
NEXT BOARD MEETING IS MONDAY, MARCH 2ND IN THE MESQUITE ROOM AT 2:00.